There are a number of options available to help cover the costs of a funeral.  Your dedicated funeral director will spend time with you to understand your circumstances and can advise you of any assistance that may be available, guiding you through the process step by step.

If you are eligible for a Funeral Payment from The Social Fund, your funeral director will assist you in completing a claim form known as an SF200. This claim form must be returned to us the day preceding the funeral, at the latest, and we will submit it on your behalf after the funeral has taken place.

You may be able to get the Bereavement Support Payment if your husband, wife or civil partner paid National Insurance contributions for at least 25 weeks, died because of an accident at work or a disease caused by work. Your dedicated funeral director can discuss what financial assistance may be available to you.